Sunday, February 21, 2010

A post in which we do the Dirt Mall*

I was up early, and not feeling too bad today, which is nice.

I futzed around the house and made myself a bit more toasted 5-grain and a decadently delicious goat cheese Gouda omelet while I waited for a decent hour to call Russ and dana. dana had asked for a wake-up call, and Russ sometimes doesn’t feel like getting up after we make plans to go to the flea market. About 9 I called everyone. Russ was already in motion, and dana said she would be ready, but it was over an hour later before Russ got to the house. Just one o them things. It wasn’t a big deal. I was going as much to spend time with them as for anything else anyway.

I did speak to Billy this morning. He is still sick, and had been to the emergency room last night for treatment and fluids. He was severely dehydrated.

We went on down to Anderson and did the Dirt Mall completely. Russ and I greatly enjoyed the scenery if nothing else. I didn’t buy much. I got some oranges for lunches next week, a piece of Tupperware I had been wanting, and a cake plate to replace the one I took to Miss Helen yesterday. dana reported that when they left for dinner last night Miss Helen was still taking a nap, but she got up at some point during the night to cut a large piece of the cake. She also apparently got quite a kick out of her new pants this morning, which I was glad to hear. Oh, and I also bought Justin's birthday present.

By the time we finished walking all over Anderson we were all hungry. We called and rounded up Miss Kat, Helen, and Billy to eat lunch at the Cracker Barrel, since Miss Kat, dana, and Helen will consistently eat there. We hit just after the church crowd, so we didn’t even have to wait that long to be seated. By this point (it was after two) I was hungry enough to eat the floorboards, and proceeded to order a large lunch. I had fried shrimp, fried okra (sensing a theme here?), mac n cheese (theirs is boxed now, but I was too starved to be particular), a large salad with buttermilk ranch, and biscuits with apple butter. We all proceeded to eat until we couldn’t move.

Russ and Billy were going on to the movies, however. Russ just never stops. Ever. I sent them on. I was just too tired to do any more. I went home and became One With the Sofa. I had been chatting to a buddy for a while, and he came by for a visit later. It was a nice evening.

No comments: