Sunday, February 14, 2010

A post in which it is a lovey brunch day and Spartanburg visit

I was up early today, actually earlier than I wanted to be, but I was way too excited to go back to sleep. I had plenty of stuff to do anyway. I ran in the grocery store (when I walked in, I was positively assaulted by balloons, flowers, cakes and cookies all done up in shades of red and pink, as if cupid had exploded in the store for VD) to pick up a few things and got a birthday card for my nephew (his birthday was LAST Sunday – I’m a bad uncle). By the time I got back to the house, got ready, did the cat chores, got the card ready, and packed a party bag, it was almost time to go, but not quite. Since I know Justin sweats every detail and works up until the last moment, I wasn’t going to show up early. I loaded up the recycling and dropped it off, then ran the card by the post office on my way to Spartanburg, which put me there almost perfectly on time.

Brunch was all I had hoped for and more. The food was delicious. We had fresh fruit, brownies, homemade chai scones, a krabmeat strata, tiny boiled quail eggs, and an assortment of beverages. The company was congenial, and the conversation was enjoyable. We all ate until we couldn’t pretty much hold another morsel, and then talked and visited.

After a while we ended up over at Jeff and James’s house, as per usual. Since the last brunch I gave had ended up around 6pm, I had come prepared with a party bag.

Eventually, we ordered some pizza for dinner, having consumed the last of the brunch food we loaded up in the car.

When we put the dogs to bed during supper, they all went in the crate together - don't call PETA, we let them right back out after we made the pictures.

We talked, visited, smoked some more, and just generally had a gay ole time. Eventually we put in Die Mommie Die, which I had brought with me. I found out during the course of the movie that neither Jeff, James, nor Justin have ever seen Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? - so we know what the next party movie will be.. I was fairly shocked I have to say.

When the movie was over, sadly, I had to head for home. Work tomorrow you know. Sigh. I pulled out around 9:45 or so. It had been a lovely day. I really didn't think about VD that much either.

No comments: