Friday, February 19, 2010

A post in which I stay home

I have been feeling better a bit at a time, but by the time I got home today I was really bushed. I have been trying to marshal my energies and not over-do since I’m supposed to meet new Billy on Sunday.

I decided to take myself out to dinner though; partially so I wouldn’t have to mess around in the kitchen when I got home, and partially because I was dying for some blue cheese cole slaw. I had just gotten aggravated and decided to leave – I just refuse to pay for parking to eat somewhere when there are plenty of other places to go – when a parking space magically opened up right in front of the door. My luck held in that I was almost immediately settled, and got into Caroline’s section. She’s their very best waitress. I had an excellent Charlaine Harris book (From Dead to Worse, I've gotten a bit behind in the Sookie Stackhouse series) for company, and was served a gargantuan serving of delicious Liberty Tap Room fish and chips in short order. Apparently they have increased their portions. There was no way I could finish it all, and I took about half of it home. Caroline even put in fresh loaf of the excellent sourdough bread they make on the premises. I was glad I had given her little more generous tip than usual. I don’t really relish going out to eat by myself, but it’s something I suppose I should get used to.

I had called several people this afternoon because I’d like to see Avatar before it leaves the theater, but either I couldn’t reach them or they’d already seen it. I talked to Justin, and he and Amanda were baking cookies for a tea party tomorrow, then going to James and Jeff’s later. It is James’s birthday. He invited me up, but I just wasn’t up to it tonight. As much fun as it is to go see everyone, they don’t get off work until about 10pm, and I never get home before 3-4am. After feeling bad battling EB all week and working a full day, I just couldn’t do it tonight. I need to be up for tomorrow anyway. I want to bake Helen’s Christmas cake, finally, and there is a bear dinner tomorrow night.

I had resolved to go to bed early, and did, but took the book with me. I ended up staying up until after 11 to finish it. It was really good though, and I did go on to sleep afterwards.

No comments: