Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A post in which I try to get motivated to pack

It was a frustrating day today at work. I spent over two hours poring over a new report my boss wants done. I was trying to figure out how I kept ending up $5million off. Eventually, I realized that the report was wrong.

I sent out my first progress report to the Kindred today. I’m to send a status report each month for my pledge year. I felt good about sending it out today. I think I’m making tangible progress towards my goals, and I had before and after pictures of the bedroom to send, showing the new valances. I also sent a sample recipe from the book I’m working on.

I would have gone out to dinner tonight on the way home, but I had finished my book today at lunch. I don’t really like going out to eat by myself. With a book I can enjoy it well enough, but I wasn’t going with nothing to read. It’s just as well. I need to clean out the fridge before the weekend, and I’m going out to dinner with Nicole tomorrow anyway. It’s not as if I need the extra calories. After getting through the holidays in pretty good shape, I’ve eased vigilance in January, and my work pants are getting tight again. Back to the salad.

I went home and finished up the last of the super baked beans I made last weekend. I messed around online, watched a little telly, and chatted with a friend on Facebook. I was putting off packing. It needed to be done tonight since I’m visiting with Nicole tomorrow. Ordinarily I don’t mind packing, but I just couldn’t get motivated tonight. I had already decided not to do laundry before I went. Then I decided not to pack up the Blue Willow dishes, which I really should do so I can get them out of the house and on to Lisa. Getting things out of the house is a big deal when your house is as small as mine. I’ve been letting the green room junk up and I really need to clear it out. But I decided to wait on that, primarily because I don’t have anything to wrap the dishes in, and didn’t feel like going back out to buy newspapers; which is a pretty piss-poor excuse.

Eventually I did throw some things in a bag, so the barest basic is done. Then I went to bed.

No comments: