Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A post in which I get my hair cut

It was busy today, as I knew it would be. I had the usual Monday stuff to do, plus month end to assemble. But I’m used to doing it all, so I just sat down and started getting stuff out.

I finally had my appointment with Russ today. He had put me off week before last, and then his dad passed last week, so he was gone all week. At five weeks out (I try to have it cut every three weeks), I felt like I had a Church O’ God bouffant.

Russ seems to be fine. He is hard at work catching up his client base after being out of town.

After being shorn (I felt a bit like a New Zealand sheep must feel on my way out), I headed for the library and picked up a book that had been on hold for me since last Friday. Thankfully it was still there.

I would have gone out for something to eat on the way home, but there really isn’t anything around between the library and my house. I am really craving Chinese buffet. I went by the one near my house. I haven’t been in there in months because the food quality had gone down so precipitously; but I didn’t feel like driving back across town, and was craving strongly enough to give them another chance. They’re closed. I figured they wouldn’t last when the buffet started looking so straggly. They would offer to cook anything special you wanted and put it out, but that kind of isn’t the reason you go to a buffet.

I went on home and ate stuff out of the fridge. I need to clear it out before the weekend anyway. I’m supposed to be going to see Granny this weekend with Mother.

No comments: