Sunday, January 31, 2010

A post in which I do chores

I got up with Terry this morning. It was my usual time to get up for work but I didn’t mind. I woke up in an incredibly cheerful mood, and was humming around the kitchen making coffee when he woke up. He is not a morning person, and I know it’s annoying as hell, but I just couldn’t help it. I woke him up, turned on the TV to his requested station, brought in his freshly laundered and folded clothes, then got out the coffee things. He had to be in early, and couldn’t stay long, but it was nice having a guest to do for, however briefly.

Since I got so little done yesterday I was determined to do better today. I also wanted to get things done early so that I could hopefully get in some Russ and Billy time today. We had planned to get together last night, but I was too worried about the state of the roads (which of course froze back over) to go out.

I made lunches for this week and got them in the fridge, then made Russ’s baked beans. I made a small batch for me as well, and I have to say they turned out kick-ass! By the time I did that, did the cat chores, straightened up after Terry, and got cleaned up myself, it was early afternoon.

I called Billy and made plans to meet them for supper.

I rested a bit. I was feeling a little run down.

I played on the computer for a while, took an Emergen-C, and eventually went to join them for supper at Lieu’s. Truthfully, I’m not wild about Lieu’s, but Russ and Billy love it, and there had been such a conundrum about where to eat (I had originally been instructed to find a place they didn’t know the name of, only to be called back en route because it were closed) that I just let it go. My food was OK, but too spicy.

After supper, Russ and I went back to his place for a visit in Gracine while Billy went back to the office. He’s apparently trying to catch up on a lot of work and keep things going, despite the fact that he’s supposed to be recovering from surgery. But his back is doing very well, which is a very good thin.

Eventually, Russ had to leave to go help Billy, but I needed to go home and to bed at that point anyway. It was a pretty good weekend, all things considered.

No comments: