Sunday, January 24, 2010

A post in which I stay home*

It was another drippy yucky day today. I slept in, but not as late as yesterday.

I did have a buddy run by briefly. It was nice, but not really what I wanted.

After lying around on the sofa for a while, I got started on laundry. I cleaned up and went to the store for a few odds and ends, and hauled off the recycling. It had just been yucky all day, but when I went out to run errands, the clouds decided it was time to rain in earnest. I dripped into the house and started cooking. I had some kind of pasta helper stuff with mushroom sauce, and added caramelized onions and spinach to it to up the veggie quotient for lunches this week.

I basically did chores and got ready for the week today. I’ve partied so much this weekend that I really couldn’t argue with staying home today. I thought about calling Billy, but he’s had surgery, and has already had one wreck in the car. I also thought about calling Miss Kat and dana. But I really needed to stay home and get things done today. Plus the later it got, the nastier it got, and I just frankly didn't feel like going back out in it.

I had talked to Billy (the potential new boyfriend) last night. His back is still torn up and now his uncle is in the hospital and may not make it. So he just doesn’t have the time or the fitness to date. We had planned a lunch date today, but that didn’t end up happening. It’s really just as well since I have so much going on right now. I may have a party next weekend, and on the weekend of the 6th I have a trip planned to Granny’s with mother. So it’s going to take a bit of time for me to make room in the schedule anyway. I had just decided to give up on dating and live for my friends when I meet someone. I’m hoping that we’ll both get some free time some time soon. Our schedules are already going to be difficult since he works at a restaurant and has Sundays and Mondays off. But Russ has that schedule, as do James and Jeff. We’ll work it out if it's meant to be.

No comments: