Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A post in which I check in on my peeps*

I continue to work on my project for Kindred. It’s going very well. I had decided to do 25-30 recipes for the book, but when I finished up my list today, I had put down 61 just off the top of my head. I worked on a couple of them today during spare moments at work, and they’re coming together well. I’m pleased that they seem to be striking the tone that I wanted, that I’m writing with my “real voice” as Justin says.

I called and talked to Billy today after work. I was trying to find out if Russ was home yet or not. I was really hoping he could get away from his family. He’s been there a week, and I get the impression that his relationship with his family is not all that could be desired. I was very relieved to hear that not only had Russ moved the base of operations to Joanne’s house (she lives near his family), but that Billy had driven down and was with him as well. Short of being home, that was about as good as it was gonna get for him right now. That, plus the fact that Billy’s back is doing very well, put my mind at ease. He’ll be back tomorrow, and I’ll see him then. I’ve already told Billy I have cleared the calendar, and whatever he needs that I can do, I’ll do.

When I got off work tonight I went by the library to pick up some books. I left my last Anita Blake book at James and Jeff’s house last Friday, and don’t want to read on in the series until I finish that one. After the library I decided to treat myself to dinner out. I just ate out with Dick and Eve last night, and I probably should have gone on home for soup and salad anyway, but I went on to ComoPete’s for a veggie burger plate. They have the BEST fries. I LOOOOOVE big ole fat steak fries, which is, I suppose, why I bear more than a passing resemblance to a big ole fat steak fry myself.

While I was at dinner I had a text from new (possible date) Billy. Apparently now he’s having roommate drama and is looking for a new place to live (with three dogs yet), while having to work insane hours for having been out with his back last week. His back is doing better from what he said, but it still sounds as though his dance card of life is full for the foreseeable future. That’s disappointing. I like him.

When I got home I worked on my newly expanded FarmVille property, and watched the final episode of Last Cake Standing, which actually was rather disappointing. They had to do six-foot cakes for a set of sextuplets, but none of the cakes was really finished, despite having 24 hours to do them. Still, it was OK.

I had a buddy offer to come over, and then take almost an hour and a half to get there. From freakin Greer. I could have driven to Chapin by the time he got here. But I suppose beggars can’t be choosers, right? Fortunately, as George mostly continues hibernating, I have to put up with a limited amount of these shenanigans at the mo.

No comments: