Friday, January 8, 2010

A post in which Justin comes to visit

Work went smoothly today. I was setting stuff up and knocking it down. By the time I left, I was ready to be off work on Monday.

Justin was coming tonight, and I was SO excited about tomorrow, but I was feeling run down. I just took and Emergen-C and went on. My neck isn't swelling. I have antiquing tomorrow and the party Sunday, but I have Monday to recover. If I have to I can spend almost the whole day Monday on the sofa.

Justin ate at his place, so we didn't go out. That was fine. I probably needed to stay in tonight anyway.

When he got to the house I got out all the glass I got for Christmas and started re-arranging the window in the kitchen. There was no point in doing the whole thing before I know what I'm buying tomorrow, but we got all the new stuff out. That led to getting out all the Bubble Glass I got with him in December. I got out what I already had as well, and it's a surprising amount. I think I have enough of it to use for everyday now. So I'm going to pack up the dishes Mom got me for Christmas back in 07 and use the Bubble. I've also decided to go ahead and collect a set of cups in BB's china to use for tea and get rid of the Blue Willow. Or at least pack it up. I love those cups, but there is no point in my having two sets of china teacups because I hardly ever use them. I have a set in my depression pattern also.

There are a lot of different things I could do in the window, and we talked about that. I could put out my matching set of Depression Glass for a while, I could put all my vintage Sapphire Blue Fire King cookware in it, or display my pieces of BB's china. Or I could just re-do the arrangement of assorted pieces right now. So many things to play with!

Justin had come in with his sewing basket. He's quilting now, and buying fabric to make into scraps. I showed him the bedspread and we discussed bedroom colors. I'm leaning towards a purple now. He agreed with Donnie, though, that I couldn't use the valance fabric I had from Mother. When I told him I guessed I would have to go with gold damask, he said "Hmm. I might have something that will work." He went to his sewing bag and pulled out a perfect gold damask drape he had bought on sale, lined and all. Plenty of fabric to make valances. So all I have to do is throw a couple of seams in that and I'll have new valances. Excellent. I really didn't like the looks of those new windows in the bedroom being naked, but couldn't bear to put the old valances back up. And free! Well I'll buy him lunch or something tomorrow.

We ended up spending the evening with him ripping seams while I played on the computer and we watched A Room With A View. I didn't think much of that movie the first time I saw it, but it has grown on me, and Justin hadn't seen it. It was a pleasant and companionable evening.

Tomorrow: The Stores!

No comments: