Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A post in which I go to lunch again - twice in the same week!

I had to pay for myself today, and the food wasn't nearly as tony, but it was still tasty.

It was a very interesting day. I got a call from DirecTV first thing this morning. The woman who called me back apologized profusely, but couldn’t really do much. Their system is just flawed. She assured me that my comments would be passed on, etc. She did put me down to automatically disconnect from the premium channels at the end of the trial period – they apparently don’t tell you that you have to do that, and then just start charging you for them. Yet another little scam, but at least I'm opted out of this one.

I had lunch out today with my old friend Kimberly. We have known each other for so many years now, but have kind of grown apart. Long story. Anyway, we caught up on each other’s lives and families. I told her the saga of Christmas and she dutifully admired Gracine. It was very good to see her.

I chatted with Billy some more today. We started off chatting online, and then I called him this evening to talk for a while. He sounds like a real sweetheart. I am encouraged and hopeful. We made plans for lunch on Sunday. He works in the service industry, so he has Sundays and Mondays off. He doesn’t have a kidney stone. They told him today that he has actually torn a muscle in his back – ouch. Needless to say he wasn’t at his best tonight, but he still sounded pretty good. I hope he’s well in time for Sunday. It feels good just to have some hope for my personal life on the radar though.

No comments: