Thursday, January 21, 2010

A post in which the indulgence continues

Well I didn’t go out to lunch today. I did eat my packed lunch.

But on the way home, I had to stop and get cat litter. And I knew that I had finished my salad the night before. Rather than go out to eat, I decided to run by the Fresh Market so I could pick up some more of that grapefruit candy, to which I am now addicted (because yeah, what I really need is more candy in my diet). While I was there I did get some more salad, but couldn’t resist the clarion call of their fantastic pimento cheese; and crostini to go with it, and little tomatoes, and a partridge in a pear tree... I did get out with only spending $16 tonight. That’s a lot better than the $85 I spent last time.

I also ran by Publix on the way home to get some snausages since I am out. They were on sale. I should have gotten more, but the yuppies in line in front of me had already tied up the line for about 15 minutes and I was ready to be home.

So I got home and had a very indulgent supper of grape tomatoes with pimento cheese on crostini – one of my favorite meals ever. To top it all off, I had a couple of delicious almond pillow cookies from Fresh Market (another verging addiction). They are very familiar to a date-filled cookie one of my dad’s aunts used to make. I wish he wasn’t diabetic now. I’d have them make him a batch of date-filling cookies.

I tried to get in touch with Billy tonight, but couldn’t. I know he was back at the doctor today because he was having problems with one of his legs related to the torn muscle. I was vaguely concerned that things might have gotten worse, but didn’t want to call again in case he was resting. I’m really ready for him to get better so we can meet. We have a date on Sunday too. I’m hoping he’s well enough for that.

No comments: