Sunday, January 3, 2010

A post in which I am a good boy, and do chores

I woke up today with some goals. There were some things I needed to do before I go back to work. There were the regular chores, of course, and I got right on them after a little break.

I made some coffee and had Danish butter cookies and coffee, which I had been planning to do yesterday, but had never gotten around to doing. It's the little rewards that count sometimes. I had all the things to make caldo verde, which is what I had planned to eat for lunch this week, so I got right on it. It went together pretty quickly, and afterwards I wasn't as tired as I had thought I would be. After all the running around I did yesterday before the party, and after this morning, I am a believer in Emergen-C!! If only I had listened to the nurse sooner instead of being so bull-headed!

I did lie down for a little bit, just to be careful, and slept for about a half hour while the stew simmered.

But soon enough I was back up and at it, doing wash. I did laundry, ran to the grocery store, changed the sheets, and dished out the finished soup to cool and go in the fridge - pre-packed for lunches. It turned out delicious. I'm really glad that I'm ready to hit the ground running next week to go back to work. I'll most likely be pretty exhausted the first couple of days. Now I can come home and sit down rather than tend to unfinished chores that have to be done.

The other thing I had set to do today was to finally write out my petition to the Kindred. It was a New Year's Resolution to get it done before I went back to work. So I sat down and did it. I had been thinking about what I wanted to say for a while, and it came surprisingly easily once I actually sat down to do it. I meant every word of it, and was happy with it when I finished. I talked to Billy about it, and then sent it out to everyone for whom I had email addresses. Now I have my goals to accomplish and my project for the group to complete. But I'm full of ideas for the project, and looking forward to getting started, not to mention officially being inducted into the Kindred! I'm still, a year later, trying to wrap my mind around the invitation.

I finished up around 7, and was pretty stoked. I really felt like going out and actually fraternizing with some Kindred people. I called Billy, but Russ wasn't feeling well. I thought about calling Miss Kat and dana, but I had to eat before I went over there, and by then I had started feeling cold again. I was running a low-grade fever, which tells me Epstein Barr isn't happy. Apparently Emergen-C or not, I had done all I really should do today. I took an Emergen-C and some ibuprofen, and it was back to the sofa for me. Sigh.

No comments: