Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A post in which it is a fairly uneventful Wednesday night

It was a pretty good day today. Little Boots was on the warpath, but I just kept my head down.

One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to entertain more. Its perfect timing since my house hasn’t been this clean in several years. I also have all these new dishes. Additionally, Justin has charged me with having “events” at which to use my glass. Since I also still have James and Jeff’s Christmas presents, I decided to have a brunch this Sunday. I contacted everyone and started to work through everyone’s schedules, only to find that Jeff and James apparently have no free time at all for the next three weeks. Their schedule is literally unpossible.

Reluctantly I just said we’d have to do things another time (while at the same time having a greater appreciation for the Herculean efforts Justin apparently exerts in putting together a casual gathering of the clan). But I’m still having Justin and Amanda to brunch on Sunday. Of course that means I’ll have to actually wrap her last present, but I’m really ready to put the wrapping stuff back in the attic anyway. That leaves me only the problem of feeding Amanda. She’s not as bad as she used to be, but she’s still pretty much a nothingatarian.

I’m enjoying having fancy groceries in the house. I finished up the pimento cheese and crostini tonight.

I also, despite engaging in a bit of self deception, have been waiting with bated breath for the next installment of Last Cake Standing on Food Network; this excitement making me feel even more foolish when I found out it was a re-run. But I haven’t seen it before, and so was tuned in to see the second installment tonight. I wasn’t disappointed. Now I’m trying not to go online and see who won. That would spoil it, but I really don’t want to wait two more weeks to find out. If they were going to re-run it, they could have at least done a marathon, or done them back-to-back nights or something.

No comments: