Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A post in which I am starting to feel like myself again

And it's about damn time!

The insomnia continues. I guess its stress related, although I have a lot less stress than I did a week or so ago.

I made it in to work today and just started working – I had plenty of backlog left to clear up. But then I realized that I hadn’t had my usual 1-2pm crash. Hmmm. At the end of the day, I actually felt pretty good – like doing something. That hasn’t happened for about two months now. I wanted to go spend my Barnes and Noble Christmas gift card, but didn’t have it with me. I made a mental note to put it in my stuff to take tomorrow. It was so nice to finally start feeling like myself again! I thought about calling Miss Kat and dana and going for a visit but decided not to push it.

Since I was feeling feisty anyway, I went on home and did some laundry. There was a big load of towels that needed folding.

I also put the new bedspread on the bed, and tried to decide if I liked it or not. Initially I hated it; but as the evening wore on it started to grow on me. I still don’t know if I’m going to be able to use the valance fabric I have or not. The colors are darker than they were in the picture, which is good for my house, and there is some dusky purple in it. That would be a good color to pull out, but I can’t decide if there is enough of it to get away with. The pattern looks very busy next to the Indian rugs. I’ll have to think on it, and maybe get Justin’s opinion, although we have such very different taste.

After that I just did the usual, telly and virtual fish. But it was nice to feel like the day wasn’t an endurance test.

No comments: