Friday, January 22, 2010

A post in which it is a LATE night

Well despite my disgust with the continued marketing of our government, I was looking forward to seeing Jeff and James tonight. They don’t get off work until 10 or 11pm, so I had plenty of time to go home, eat supper, relax for a bit, and try to take a nap. That didn’t happen. As usual when I really need to sleep, I couldn’t sleep. I lay and watched some telly for a bit, but eventually just got up and got ready to go.

When I got to the house I let the dogs out and washed a few dishes they had left in the sink, and read for a few minutes before they came in. They’re flush with “new house” plans, and are making some great strides actually. They’re going to have the house sided this year, among other things. We had a great visit, catching up on the last week (they were just at my place on Sunday), and generally just enjoying each other’s company.

We watched a great movie about the Miss Gay USA pageant called simply Pageant. It was very good, and Jeff and I talked about old pageant memories it brought back for us. I have bought pageant DVDs before, and been very disappointed with the quality. Drag is so much an energy/in-the-moment thing that it doesn’t travel well. The shows that I’ve seen prior have seemed small, canned, and tawdry when not actually in the room. Not so with this movie. It did a great job of capturing the performances on stage, and behind stage, which is hard to do.

It was a lovely evening, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I got home about 3:45am!

No comments: