Friday, February 13, 2009

A post in which I visit Miss Kat and dana

Work was pretty quiet today. My boss did come in at the end of the day unexpectedly, but he was really busy. The King Cake, came today. Last year it was late, but this year it came early, since Mardi Gras this year is on the 24th. Still, better to get it now than in the middle of Lent like last year. We have an agency in Metairie, LA that sends us one every year. The girls have come to expect it, and look forward to it now. For some reason they were all worked up today about finding the baby. One girl was standing around watching people cut the cake and estimating where it would be. She did eventually get it. The icing smelled so good, all sugary with vanilla and hints of citrus. I was really hoping they would eat it all - last year it was devoured. They ate all but one piece, which everyone just kept cutting in half. I finally just wrapped it up to take home. It is good with coffee. I figured if I ate it as part of tomorrow's breakfast it wouldn't be as bad.

After work I decided to definitely work out, since I was going to visit Miss Kat and dana, and usually while I'm there, some kind of dessert is involved. I hit the gym and did 20 minutes on the walker, since that is my goal, and I wasn't doing weights tonight. 20 minutes at a time was my goal, since you're supposed to be active a minimum of 20 minutes three times a week for cardiac health. That's my main focus at this point, is just to get moving a bit and do some cardio. Losing weight would be great, but even if I don't lose that much, I want to be moving more for my health.

On of the girls at work today got a Reese's heart, definitive proof that the candy people want us all to be fat. I have been avoiding these things like the plague when I'm out shopping. I want one SO BADLY! But I know I really, REALLY oughtn't.

Well dessert was involved, and it was wonderful, but it was Kettle Corn, plus I ate only one cookie. It was a really good cookie though. I drank water instead of tea as well. Every little bit helps right? If I'm thinking of my health though, I should really smoke less. I smoked a bunch tonight. Since I was out Wed and Thu nights as well, and smoking then, this is becoming less of a weekend thing. Something I need to think about. I play a little denial game with myself, kind of not really owning the title "smoker", because I don't smoke except socially. I've just been doing a lot of socializing lately.

We had a great visit. Greg was there too, dana's friend from Atlanta. He seemed to be in better spirits, and it was good to see him. He's a really nice guy. We basically just laughed and talked and visited. I got to see the sweet and wonderful Max, and remembered to take a photo to share this time...


OK, so admittedly Max is a lot sweeter looking. But really, separated at birth or what?

Before I left, we agreed to go to the flea market in the morning. I have a killer day planned tomorrow, with a bunch of stuff I need to do, but I just really couldn't resist. I'm probably over-booking, but I'm trying to enjoy more and worry less.

No comments: