Friday, February 6, 2009

A post in which I make ready to go*

I had insomnia again last night. Even after all that pizza I woke up hungry. So I had some peanuts and went back to bed after a bit, where I slept crappily. I actually dreamed about going to the flea market to buy that compote I left last weekend. Of course there was other stuff going on in the dream too, but how fucked up is that? At the end of the dream, I was eating in a restaurant at the dream flea market with two other guys who were taping a reality TV show follow-up (a "where are they now" kind of thing). One of the guys took a bite of his food and said "Call the law! This flea market has stolen my heart!" That's when the alarm went off. On a very sleepy Steve.

Today was mostly quiet at work. My boss is getting ready to go out of town again, so I had time to dig in and get a bunch of niggly little crap off my desk. I still have the reserve to do, but there is only so much of that I can do right now.

I did manage to scamper out on my lunch hour today to meet a buddy for a bit.

I thought about calling Russ to see if I had time to work out before I went to get my hairs did, but since he's working me in I decided just to go on. Traffic was really light and I got there in record time.

Russ seems to be pretty much recovered from whatever the problem was, and did a fantastic job on my hair. And on my beard, which was desperately in need of some attention. He just waves the clippers at it freehand it turns out great. If I did that I'd look like I have the mange.

I had thought we might go out to dinner, but he had a quiet evening planned with Ben, and I really needed to go home and eat leftovers anyway. Which I did, virtuously ignoring the siren song of the Chinese buffet. I decided to do some chores tonight so I didn't have so much to do when I got home from Charlotte on Sunday, so I went to the store, did some laundry, did my nails, stuff like that.

I turned on Finding Nemo while I was piddling around. I haven't seen it since I was in New York with Michael. I was reflecting on the themes of growing up, letting go, and sending the ones you love on their own way. It was an interesting choice of movie to watch while I was up there. I picked it out.

I was busy until time for bed. I did play a little mahjong, and talked to a hot guy on Bear411, but he lives in Raleigh.

No comments: