Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A day in which I continue destructive behaviors

Well I woke up today feeling really lackluster, and kind of down.

Small wonder after Sunday really. I had a good time at the party, but after seeing my grandparents in such bad shape, I was just having one of those "Why bother?" type of days. The kind where you wonder what the hell difference any of your life makes, and wonder why you keep trying. We all end up at the same place.

Well nothing a pan of brownies can't fix, right? I ate 1,800 calories worth of brownies today. I checked on the box later.

But after that, I decided to do some stuff, since I hadn't done anything yesterday.

I changed the sheets on the bed and put some laundry in.

I turned on The Emperor's New Groove (I love this movie, and keep asking for it for Christmas and my birthday, but no one has taken the hint yet - I love anything with Eartha Kitt in it - especially when she is kind of lampooning herself - what's not to like?) on Disney Channel, and did a bit of cooking. I made some mai fun noodles and mixed them with some of the gargantuan batch of Chinese veggies I had thawed out from the other week. Those noodles (actually rice vermicelli) not only have great texture, but were translated into English in the Vietnamese restaurant as "tiny rice stick", which just made me fall in love with them. But rice noodles burn up like sugar. I needed to get them out of the cabinet.

Oh, and I also just LOVE the part in Emperor at the end where they're making Eartha Kitt learn to speak squirrel (it's at the very end of the clip that link takes you to). For some reason I find that endlessly hilarious. That movie just always cheers me up.

I cleaned up the kitchen, pulled out the last load of laundry, and turned in with ecstatic kitties.

1 comment:

Ms. Red said...

I feel ya! Mine wasn't a brownie day (although mom had a brownie day today... she went to the store and bought a box) mine was totally a moosetracks day. Ate that whole little four serving container. Probably was about 1500 calories... I just don't look anymore. If I don't look I can tell myself it wasn't that many calories!