Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A post in which I get my shit together

At work anyway.

I knew I had month end to do. Fortunately, I woke up feeling pretty good today.

I went in to work and hit my desk like a white tornado, getting much done. Even my boss's request for yet more changes to already tortured slides didn't phase me.

After work I went to the grocery store, got home and put everything away. I avoided going out to eat since I had frozen food, and since I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow night. Maybe Russ, Bily, and I will go out to dinner afterwards.

Sadly, Lance was moving his things out when I got there. That kind of got to me a bit, but I resolutely went on in and bustled about. I ate dinner. I had some truly phenomenal cornbread that Donnie made for the game Sunday. I hadn't eaten any then, I was too busy scarfing down chips, but it was REALLY good. I really didn't want more chili tonight (as good as it was), but with that cornbread it was really great. I did some cleaning in the kitchen, changed out my water filters, and scrubbed the grunge off of the free French Press I got in Anderson on Saturday. All in all a fairly productive evening.

No comments: