Friday, February 20, 2009

A post in which I head for the hills - literally

I had everything pretty much ready to load the car this morning, so everything went pretty smoothly, and I got to work on time.

I cleared my desk, getting completely caught up on everything. I even put the write-offs in my boss's office so they would be waiting for him on Monday, since I'll be off. He won't look at them, but they'll be there.

I called Mom and negotiated out time to do my workout tonight. That makes 5 days this week, and I feel pretty good about that. I haven't lost an ounce, and I'm sure I'll wreck any hopes of that this weekend (I always eat a lot of crap when I'm up there), but at least I'm getting some exercise.

My workout went well, and I showered up and changed in the locker room there so I could head on out. It isn't really that traumatic now. I'm fat, I know it, I'm moving on.

Because Mom knew she had extra time, we hit Statesville just about at the same time and stopped for dinner. Since K&W doesn't serve that late (it was about 8:30), we had dinner at Red Lobster - Mom's choice. I only had one cheese biscuit, and a Caesar salad with grilled shrimp. I know Caesar isn't exactly dietary, but hey, I was eating salad.

We got to Granny and Poppy's about 10:30. They were still up, since they're usually up late. I get my insomnia from Granny, who suffers with it worse now that the rheumatoid arthritis causes her so much pain. We spent the evening the way we usually do, catching up, telling stories, and talking. My grandfather kind of follows what he can. He doesn't hear so well. Granny, on the other hand, can hear a fly with a wheeze outside of her window, which will keep her up.

We finally called it quits about 1am. That's about usual for a yak session with Granny.

No comments: