Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A post in which I spend the evening on my feet

I guess it couldn't hurt, since I spend most of the day flat of my ass.

Work was interesting today. The company that lied to us and took us for $1.6mil today threatened to sue us for re-calling a shipment. It think the strict letter of bankruptcy law says that we can't do that, but a) we re-called it before the filing was made, and b) we would have just asked for the product back via a reclamation anyway. Still, the gloves are off. We're suing the entire board for mis-representation, etc. It's going to be ugly.

After work I hit the gym, then headed home to cook. I'm still trying to get caught up on chores from last weekend. I wasn't looking forward to spending the evening in the kitchen. I was tired. But I brought in my book on CD to listen to while I cooked and that helped.

Unfortunately, my food didn't turn out that great. I was trying to re-create a sour cream sauce I had eaten years ago at a restaurant that went out of business. Trying to re-create and make this lower-fat at the same time was a tall order. Plus I made an elementary mistake, using wine instead of broth in the sauce. It should have been obvious to me that this sauce needed broth, but I wanted to use up the mystery wine in the fridge. It really is true what they say "the better the wine, the better the sauce". This wine was pretty craptastic, as was the resulting sauce. But it's edible. Live and learn. I seem to keep having to learn this lesson though.

By the time I got done and cleaned up the kitchen, it was time for bed.

No comments: