Saturday, March 15, 2008

Woo-Hoo play party!

Now, after being up so early, all the errands, the seminar, and then dinner, I was pretty whooped. But I know better than to miss a play party when LOCK people are going to be there. It is just always fun. I was also very interested to get to know Lady D and her folks better. I had never spent a lot of time around her, but I really like her style, and Russ and Billy love her, which is a pretty reliable tip-off that someone is worth knowing.

Lady D is a short dark-skinned African-American woman. She wears her hair very short on the sides and back, and in short, black and rust, tiny corksrew curls on top. She has incredibly long curled talons of nails that are always perfectly manicured. She is a short person that you never think about being short. Her personality is HUGE. She is one of those people that fill the room when they come in. Her voice is loud, and a laugh is never far from her lips, many times at herself. She is a person who consumes life in great, dripping chunks, and relishes every bite. Her enthusiasm is infectious, and she exerts a compelling will with a generous garnish of charm.

With her playfullness and sense of humor, I figured things tonight would be very fun and bouncy tonight, which turned out to be true. The music was just some mindless disco beat stuff. Russ had gotten out the surgical stapler, which Lady D had never played with before. Soon she was happily stapling a decoration of beaded thread onto gypsy's back, and adding some decorative needle work. Sometimes needlework can be intense and dark, but this was more like Lady D just delighting in new shiny baubles she could play with. Russ tried the surgical stapler on me, and although the rest of them talked about how it didn't hurt, I thought it was pretty painful. To each his own I guess.

Billy and Kay had a flogger fight, each trying to hit the other, and giggling the whole time. It was pretty funny. Russ was grousing because Kay is a toy box girl, and had some really cool toys that Russ didn't have, which of course didn't go over very well.

Lori was there, and they had great fun decorating her with braided and artfully looped strands of Mardi Gras beads.

The dungeon actually wasn't really the focus of the evening. Boomer, Anne, and lisa kind just took up in the kitchen talking. Kevin, Billy, and jan took turns playing with Kay, to her obvious delight. I hate I missed that scene.

Kevin and jan played a bit, but mainly retired to the smoking porch to talk with people. I got to spend a little time with them, which I enjoyed. jan is now on the LOCK board, which I think is a good thing. She's a smart woman, and a submissive who can assert herself to do what is right. She and Kevin got engaged at the Fall campout last year, and seem just besotted with each other. It was SO romantic. I still tear up thinking about it. It does my heart good to see them together, so obviously in love. She is always beautifully dressed in a very feminine style, and also wears great shoes. It was no surprise to me that she had pearl-beaded strappy sandals to match the pearl bugle-beaded clutch she took to dinner.

By the end of the evening, everyone ended up out on the porch, and we spent about the last two hours just talking, telling stories, and enjoying each other. It was a great evening.

No comments: