Sunday, March 9, 2008

A long, busy Sunday

The time change happened Saturday night, which just messed up my whole day. I woke up at 11am (really 10), already behind.

After going with my grandfather to get biscuits for breakfast, I called my dad's mother and headed for her house, stopping to get her a pizza on the way. She loves pizza, and I always take her one when I go over. She won't eat unless I eat with her, so I sat down and had pizza after just having breakfast. She was an excellent cook, and it is hard for her having someone else cook for her. The woman that stays with her in the daytime isn't that great of a cook, and grandma doesn't eat as she should, so I always try to tempt her when I go over.

We had a good visit, but I was already running late. When I left her house it was after 3pm. I went back to Granny and Poppy's, threw my stuff in the car, and cleaned and replaced his shower head, another little job that needed doing. I left their house about 4:30.

I still would have been OK, but I got distracted and spent an hour at an antique store in Statesville on the way back. I had been wanting to find a place that my dad and I went before, and thought that was their billboard on the highway, but it was another place. Still, it was a great store. They had tons of depression glass, but the prices were pretty high on most of it.

After I left there, I was really behind - it was 6pm when I pulled out. I still would have been reasonably OK, though, if it hadn't been for traffic. There was a huge wreck in King's Mountain, right on the NC/SC border, and I ended up on a 40 mile detour around that. It was almost 9:30 when I got home. I had no groceries for the week, and mounds of dirty laundry. I didn't get to sleep until about 1am.

I did talk to Walter a bit online while I was washing clothes. It was nice. He was flirty and funny and just right. I am looking forward to seeing him again.

No comments: