Friday, March 14, 2008

Well there goes my commitment to Getting Things Done

The house is disgusting. Really. To the point that I am grossed out, and have decided I have to do something about it. To that end, I was going to stay in tomorrow and make some serious dust rabbits fly.

But then Russ and Billy called me tonight, and told me there was a LOCK seminar tomorrow. Apparently I didn't get the email, but there was still room for me to attend. This is where my determination to live life to the fullest runs right into my Virgo need for clean and order. I have found that the things I regret in life aren't the things that I do, but the things that I don't. So, I totally blew off cleaning and said I would love to go. Which of course I will. But my life is starting to feel a bit out of control.

But my mother and I had this talk, and we both decided we wanted to be remembered for something other than keeping a clean house. At this point I don't think I have to worry about that. But I guess the dirt will still be there when I get around to it.

I did a bit on the bathroom. I find I can tolerate doing it better if I do little bits of it at a time. So tonight was the vanity, mirror, and light fixture. And then I went to bed, feeling semi-virtuous.

No comments: