Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bad news for my waistline

I got a flier in the mail today when I got home. They have opened a nasty ole Chinese Buffet like a block from my house. So of course I threw off the healthy dinner I had planned on and went to try it. It was pretty much classic Chinese Buffet food. Everything was fresh last night, because they were busy. I hope they keep enough business for the food to be fresh. I did find it interesting that they just opened a gallon can of ketchup and left it open on the bar LOL. I used to have a roommate who thought leaving food in the can to refrigerate it would poison you, so I always notice stuff like that. I also love the weird anachronisms of food you find at a Chinese Buffet. They had some weird stuff last night. Strange seafood with sweet sauce (shrimp with a sweet mayo-based yellow stuff dribbled over it, called for some reason "coconut shrimp") is practically expected. But they also had lots of stuff for the rednecks - french fries, onion rings (who wants onion rings or fries from under a heat lamp?), fried fish, etc. They also had spinach stuffed puff pastry(?), which I found very interesting.

After that I was lazy, so I went home and finished the last of the Spiderwick Chronicles books I got from the library. They are cute, and the story is interesting, but these probably made as good a movie as they did a book. Pretty simplistic. But then I expected little else from children's books. I just like to read the book before I see the movie. Although I have to say I did not enjoy Atonement, so I decided not to bother with the movie. I can see the appeal of Spiderwick though. I would have loved those books as a kid.

Mounds of laundry continue. Tomorrow is Renee Flemming (!!), so I know I won't get anything done tomorrow night either. I am seriously considering foregoing the flea market this weekend and cleaning house. It is awful. And if I am ever to have Walter over, I am going to have to do some tidying up. Not to mention Kim and Aggie would horrificated.

No comments: