Monday, March 24, 2008

A decent Monday overall

Small "Bubble" berry bowl in sapphire blue, by Anchor Hocking Glass


Today was a pretty good day. I was ready for work in time to run by Goodwill on the way in, and get some odds and ends out of the house. I had lunch (nasty Chinese buffet) with Russ and Miss Kat. I usually don’t go out to lunch any more, but I needed a break today. I was able to find out from Russ at lunch that I am not having company this weekend. That allows me to focus only on my other stuff this week. As much as I would have loved to see my friends, it is good that I don’t have to worry about the house being company-ready by Friday night.

Did some shopping on the way home. Oddly, on the way to Wal-Mart (I hardly ever go there) I was pulled to go into the Goodwill store out on Woodruff Road. I almost never go in there, because that road is so well traveled, and the store is usually really picked over. But for some reason, I just felt that I was in there to find something. Looking around, I found a little Bubble berry bowl, one of the small ones that goes with the larger one my mother gave me the other weekend, for $1.50. It was just sitting there, like it was waiting for me. So I bought it and, feeling my reason had been realized, left.

I went in BJ's (yes, a real store, similar to Sam's) to get party food, but they had almost nothing I was looking for. The list is very specific, since dana doesn't eat a lot of different things. So I got two things and left. So much for buying in bulk making this cheaper.

Had a lovely supper, a bit of quick guacamole made from a great avocado I found this weekend, with some crunchy pumpernickel pretzels.

Also spent some time talking to a really nice guy on Bear411. His name is Dan, and I really like him. He’s funny and smart, which I like. He lives in Asheville, but I guess it wouldn’t be the first time I had dated someone in Asheville. He’s from Arkansas originally, so he’s a Southern boy too. That’s not really a criterion, but it is a nice thing. He made me laugh, and I went to bed with a little smile on my face.

2 comments:

JLo said...

What happened to... Other Guy?

thefabulousmrthing said...

What, I can't talk to another guy because I had dinner with Walter?