Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend recovering

Well I spent most of this weekend inthe bed. That cough syrup really pack a whallop! I haven't slept so much in years. It did get kind of scary on Saturday though, when I took it and could feel my respirations slowing - yeek. I would have thought it was the power of suggestion, but I hadn't thought a thing about it since Wednesday when I had the prescription filled, and I honestly thought the pharmacist was being a bit of a drama queen. I was only taking a teaspoon every 12 hours, and I'm a big guy. But that was a weird feeling.

There was a bear movie day today for The Spiderwick Chronicles, but I didn't feel like I should go. First because I was still sleepy today, even though I dropped to a half dose on the cough syrup, and I slept a lot of the day today. The house is even more of a wreck than before, and it wasn't great before I got sick. I can see how heroine addicts lives get so out of control. I didn't even do the cat box yesterday. Plus, I have a long week coming up. I'm back to work, and have to do month end after being out for two days, plus break in a new boss. Also, I'll be getting ready to go out of town, since I'm off to Wilkesboro with my mom this coming weekend. So I'm really going to have to hit the ground running.

So I stayed home, straightened up the house a bit, and got cleaned up myself. I guess it was the right thing to do, but it made me feel really lonely.

I have been feeling more lonely, partly because I always get whiny when I get sick, and partly because this is the first time I have been really sick since Michael left. It's hard when it really hits home to you that you are the only person you can count on. There just was no one to take care of me but me. If I didn't do it, it didn't get done.

It was Lisa's birthday yesterday, and I missed it. But she's gone on her cruise. I hate remembering stuff like that after it has passed.

No comments: