Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Dinner Date!!

I finally found someone to use the extra Rene Flemming ticket today. My friend Todd Jamison is going to the concert with me Thursday. I'm happy about that, since I know he will enjoy it, and he'll be fun to see the concert with also. I can't believe how difficult it was finding someone to go with me. This is a once in a lifetime concert for Greenville, I can't believe no one was interested. Rene Flemming is a world-class soprano. It is amazing that she is performing in Greenville.

After emailing back and forth a bit today, I asked Walter to dinner. And he said yes.

It was a very pleasant meal. We went to Capri's, which is like southern-style Italian food. It reminds me of Italian like my grandmother used to make. Simple food, done well, not too adventuresome, with tons of cheese. I am unable to copy their marinara sauce, despite numerous attempts. I swear they put crack or something in that sauce, because every now and then I just have to have some. But I digress.

It was good to see him again. Since we had dated before, there was none of the "first date" jittery crap. The conversation flowed smoothly, and we caught each other up on our lives, and changes in perspective that maturity has brought. We compared memories of each other from when we went out before. He is funny and smart, and I really enjoyed talking to him. We ended up being at the restaurant for about two and a half hours!

So I kissed him goodnight, and he went home. And called me to thank me for dinner, which I thought was very nice. It also made a statement about how we have both made a decision not to do all the "stupid dating rules", like waiting before you call, not telling the other one you are interested, etc. He is a nice guy. Could feelings deepen? Who knows? We just never seemed to gel before, and I can't think why. He didn't seem to know either. I would enjoy having a good guy that I can go out with sometimes, even if nothing else happens. I really enjoyed dinner, and am encouraged.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thefabulousmrthing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thefabulousmrthing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JLo said...

Have you talked to Walter again?!?!?

Well, I guess I could email you if I wanted to know.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thefabulousmrthing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.