Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another day of irresponsibility, at least in part*

I had volunteered to be tour guide for Lady D at the Anderson Jockey Lot this morning, after finding out that she was a flea market aficionado. I figured this would be fun and interesting, and that was certainly the case.

We got a bit of a late start, since everyone had been up so late last night. Russ said everyone didn't get to bed until around 3:30. Plus, they decided to leave from there, since it was on the way to Atlanta, so they had to pack up all the stuff that morning.

Lady D showed a marked prediliction for dragon/fantasy figurines, which seems to be a theme with BDSM people, I've noticed. She also, surprisingly, likes dolls, and bought several bags full of them right off the bat.

dax has mobility issues, so we didn't get to see as much of the lot as we would ordinarily cover, but Lady D still managed to find plenty of stuff to buy. Since I had taken my glass book with me, of course I didn't find any Depression Glass, which is actually just as well. I have bought a good bit lately. Plus, that left my hands free to help carry Lady D's things.

It is just fascinating to watch a Domme in public. Lady D just has the ability to pull others into her head space, seemingly with little to no effort. I have seen both Carmina and Miss Kat exert this casual control over others. I wonder if it is just something they have been doing all their lives. Russ can talk the birds out of the trees. I used to think he just had an unusual gift o' gab, but I now think there may be more involved. I don't feel it around him usually, but maybe he just doesn't use it on me. Or maybe I just don't notice he is doing it. When you're around a Dom, their will seems kind of like a tide around you. You just kind of get sucked in. I am very susceptible to headspace, so even some subs do it to me, which is a very interesting experience.

We walked up to a booth that sold knives and sundry fantasy items at the Jockey Lot. Immediately, I could pick up on the fact that the girl running the booth was responding to Lady D on more than one level. Within about 5 minutes, Lady D basically cleared me out so she had room to work, and the girl was digging things out of back stock, just to show Lady D. You could tell she was at pains to please this woman she had never met, whether she could understand why or not. It just fascinates me. I have had people respond to the submissive in me in the same way at times; nothing that overt, but still most interesting.

After shopping, they left for Atlanta, and Russ and Billy and I went out to lunch. I took them to the new Chinese Buffet over near my house, and we stuffed ourselves. It was almost 3pm, and we were hungry.

Russ wanted to do a movie this afternoon, but I hadn't done any cooking for the coming week, and really had a lot of stuff to do. So I begged off. I've been irresponsible enough this weekend. After playing most of the day yesterday and today, I thought it was time I acted like a grownup for a while. Dammit.

No comments: