Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A post in which we have the day off tomrrow

I continued working steadily today, although I was in the minority, and really didn't feel like it.  There was a lot to do, but it just felt like a Friday, and no one really felt like working.  I managed to make myself concentrate enough to do what needed to be done.

After work I went to see Dad and Eve for supper.  I wanted to go ahead and get that visit done so I could enjoy my day off tomorrow.  We went to Adam's Bistro for dinner (seeing a theme developing here?) where I had not only their gorgeously delicious pasta salad, but the best tuna melt I have had in a long time.  I love a tuna melt, but it's an ole timey sandwich that most places don't bother to make any more.  The one I had tonight was wonderful.  I saw Teresa and went up to tell her that I was now officially addicted to their pasta salad, and how much I enjoyed my sandwich.  When we got ready to leave, the waitress told me that she had comped our check!  I was quite surprised.  I've always been nice to Teresa, and she's been nice to me, but I just didn't think she was that kind of person.  Plus, I must confess, she wouldn't give me a recipe I asked for before (which is why I'm trying to replicate the pasta salad using only my palate as a guide).  I was a little bit bitter about that, because I had given her one of my recipes.  I did understand that she makes her living from her food, but it wasn't like I was going to open another restaurant or something.  So I felt a little bit mean for holding a bit of a grudge about that after she was so generous tonight.  Just goes to show - you really don't know people as well as you think you do.
Dad was in the mood for ice cream after dinner, and I was all about that.  I had been craving peach ice cream today - and I usually don't even think about peach.  My favorites are coffee and anything with a lot of caramel in it.  But today I had been thinking how nice it would be to have some homemade peach ice cream.  This wasn't quite homemade, but as with all Bruster's Ice Cream, it was very good.

Afterwards we went back to the house for a leisurely visit.  I didn't have to feel rushed because I didn't have to work tomorrow, which was nice.  On the one hand, the 4th of July being in the middle of the week sucked, because you really couldn't plan to do anything, and no one knew which weekend we would celebrate, etc.  But on the other hand, it's nice to have a day off whenever it is.  I just decided to relax and enjoy the day and not complain.

I left for home, just a bit later than usual, and went home to spend waaay too much time chatting online.  But that's OK - I don't have to work tomorrow!!  Yay!!

No comments: