Monday, July 2, 2012

A post in which it is month end

The nice thing today at work was that the month ended on Saturday.  That means that all the automatic reports had time to generate and I wasn't waiting on them to come in.  They also ran correctly this month, thank goodness.  I came in early, pulled my stuff, and got to work.  There weren't any changes this month either, blessedly, and my Manila people were all in the office, doing their stuff.  Month end usually makes for a day that seems short, and although things were going smoothly, today was no exception.

I worked a little over, but not too much - just enough to let the traffic clear out before I left. 

I went home and had tomato sandwich in a bowl for supper, which was all I really wanted.  I added some of the Japanese cucumbers chopped up, and some finely minced onion Miss Kat had given me that her dad grew in his garden.  Paired with some fancy rolls I picked up at Fresh Market, it was a fine supper.  Come to think of it though, this is starting to resemble just a salad more than tomato sandwich in a bowl, isn't it?

I had gone and done enough today that I really didn't feel like going and doing a whole lot tonight.  I messed around online for a bit and headed to bed.  I have a lot to do tomorrow since we're off Wednesday, because I have to have month end turned in on Thursday.  The powers that be have scheduled the manager's meeting for Friday, despite the holiday for the 4th.  That gives you about three days to close the month.  The ones setting the calendar have obviously never dipped a toe in the work it takes to put all that information together.  But that's an old gripe LOL

I did hear from a guy I had heard moved away tonight.  He's in Asheville now, but apparently I have been on his mind too.  His name is Tim, and he invited me up this weekend.  I may have to think about that...

No comments: