Sunday, July 8, 2012

A post in which I get a few more things done*

I was lazing around the internet this morning just for the heckuvit, and received an unexpected invitation.  I went to see a buddy, who turned out to be surprisingly agreeable, but sadly the visit didn't go that well.

Leaving there, since I was already on the north end of town anyway, I went on up to Barnyard for veggies.  It is still stinkin' hot enough that I didnt' even do the whole flea market.  I was just going to do the first row, but of course ended up doing some comparison, etc.  I did finally find what I wanted.  I had a hard time finding green beans.  It has been so hot and dry that apparently the beans have stopped bearing, but the same woman who had the Japanese cucumbers last week had a couple of bags of beans today.  So I got those, and I found some little new potatoes too, which I decided to make into potato salad. 

I went by the grocery store for a few sundries, and headed home to get to work.  I wasn't going to laze around all day today.

I cooked my potatoes and snapped and cooked the beans.  I made potato salad while the beans cooked.  Then I cleaned up after it all and got cleaned up myself so I could do some laundry.

I checked in with RBL, they were going to the movies today (to see Moonrise Kingdom), but invited me to go to dinner with them afterwards.

We met at Carrabba's for supper.  Ordinarily I am not a chain restaurant kind of person, but I like the food there, and I am crazy about the pasta weesie.  They also do a decent Caesar salad.  Our friend John was with them, and it's always good to see him, so we were five. 

At first I had been a little hurt that they didn't invite me to the movie with them, but after hearing them talk about Moonrise, it probably wasn't something I would have been terrifically interested in probably.  It seems like it was one of those 'non-linear' movies, which to me usually just come off as discordant and incompetent.  I guess I'm not smart enough or something.  In retrospect, I was so vocal about how awful Magic Mike was that they may not have wanted to invite me because of that.  I hope not, but I guess I need to shut up about that.  I don't go to the movies terrifically often (because of the sitting thing now, as well as the expense - movie tickets are just cuh-razy these days), and when I do I want them to be good

We had a nice meal, and afterwards looked at John's new toy, a gorgeous '69 Chevy Impala convertible.  What a beautiful car.  He's going to fix it up, although it's in pretty good shape already. 

I went back to the house with the guys for a little while and talked to them, but it was already after nine when we got there, and since it was a school night, I didn't stay really late.  Still, it was a very nice evening, and it was great to see them.

No comments: