Sunday, July 29, 2012

A post in which I head home*

I made breakfast this morning for Mom and Lisa.  Lisa did come over today.  A friend of Mom's had given her a batch of mushrooms, so I made Billy Mushrooms and then scrambled them into eggs with cheese.  What a lovely breakfast, and a nice visit.  Mom had made cinnamon buns yesterday, so we topped off the meal with homemade cinnamon rolls.  Yummy.

Lisa caught us up on the phone call from Dad (I can't remember what the point he was trying to make was, but she was so angry that she didn't take much of it in), and we talked about men and stuff.  I caught Lisa up on the situation with Jason.  She's rather off relationships at the moment, understandably. 

After she left, I got cleaned up a bit, packed, and headed for home.  Mom had a bunch of stuff for me from Granny's house.  I had expressed an interest in an old "sofa picture" she had for years and years, and which no one else wanted.  I had a place picked out for it at the time, but now am not quite sure what I'll do with it.  I had also mentioned that the prints Granny had scattered about the house were actually Vermeers.   (To the right see The Love Letter, The MilkmaidThe Lacemaker, and Girl Reading a Letter at an Open Window, four of his more prominent works.  I have no idea why Granny had such a thing for Vermeer.) Mom thought I wanted them (I didn't, particularly) and had brought them back for me.  I remembered two, but there were actually four.  I have no idea what I'll do with them, but Mom had brought them back for me and wanted them out of her way, so I loaded them up and brought them on.  They are nicely framed and under non-glare glass, although they had to have been framed at least forty years ago, so the frames are somewhat dated looking. 

On the way home, I called Rhonda to see if she wanted them.  Her living room remains conspicuously picture free, which doesn't seem to bother her, but which makes me nuts.

I had plenty of laundry that needed doing today, among other things, but ended up not getting much done.  I fell into the internet vortex and spent all afternoon chatting and lying around being fairly worthless. 

Eventually a buddy came by for a while, and we had a really nice visit.

After that I had a late supper scrounged out of the freezer and turned in.  I guess sometimes I'm allowed some downtime, but I prepared no lunches for this week. 


No comments: