Friday, July 6, 2012

A post in which I visit with Miss Kat and Dana, and feel rather selfish

Dana had called me yesterday about coming to dinner, and I was glad to accept.  We made plans today for them to pick up carry-out from the Japanese express place near their house.  It's pretty tasty, and not too expensive, plus it's healthier than fast food.

I was headed home when I started getting messages.  Lisa came to town tonight to get the trailer, and they wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner with them.  I love seeing Lisa and the kids, but I'm a bit worried about Dad and Eve starting to encroach again now that I'm better.  They will pretty much eat as much of my life as I let them.  I declined. 

Then I got a message from Lisa.  Didn't I want to go and see Grandma Shumate?  Well yes, I do.  I know that I need to get up to see her, but this weekend is going to be a kerfuffle, and I just know if I go up there I'll get drawn in to the furniture fandango.  So I again declined to go, but felt guilty about it. 

Later on I got another message.  Her car (which she was going to use to pull the trailer) had over-heated.  I told her that sucked.  Which it did.  Of course there wasn't really anything I could do about it.  I didn't hear anthing else. 

I enjoyed visiting and catching up with Miss Kat and Dana, and headed on home.  It was a nice evening. 

No comments: