Saturday, July 7, 2012

A post in which I waste almost all of the day*

I did Jack-nothing for most of the day today. 

I had a buddy in early, and then felt lazy.  Afterwards I ate a huge breakfast and fell into the internet vortex and stayed there until I was pretty much disgusted with myself.  Adding to the guilt, I had several messages from Lisa and Mom asking if I wanted stuff from Granny's house, after I was too sorry to even go up there.  They didn't utter a syllable of reproach mind you, but I still felt like a pretty crappy person. 

I got in touch with RBL, but they were kind of in la-la land.  Billy's still having back problems, and Logan was hosting some kind of computer dance party for charity.  I asked them about dinner, but didn't hear anything back.

Eventually, I just decided I needed to do something.  It was Saturday night after all.  I had just seen Miss Kat and Dana last night.  RBL were MIA.  And Rhonda was out with Sabrina, I was sure.  But there were errands to run, and I figured that if I got some chores done I would have time to play tomorrow, should the opportunity present itself. 

I got cleaned up, and prepared to go run errands.  On my way out the door, I called Rhonda to ask her to bring my pants home from Sabrina's (I changed clothes over there a week or so ago and left them).  Surprisingly, Rhonda was at home.  And she had my pants.  So I changed plans and went to pick her up for supper.

It's been a while since I've seen her, and it was good to catch up.  We went to Irashiai for supper, because I was still craving one of their volcano rolls.  I was a little worried about a wait on a Saturday, but I guess a lot of people were still on vacation after the 4th because we got a table with no problem.  We also got Russ's favorite waitress from Miyako for our server tonight.  I sent RBL a picture of me with her to show them what a lovely time they could have been having...(see above for a very dark picture of me with Russ's favorite waitress)  I didn't get my volcano roll because she talked me into trying another roll I hadn't had before.  It wasn't as good, but it was fine, and it was good to try something new.

After supper it was too late to do what I wanted to do - shop for things I don't need.  For some reason, I was really in the mood for that.  Because the stores were mostly closed, we went to Wal-Mart.  Ordinarily this is against my religion, but I don't do it very often, and since everything else was closed, I gave myself permission.  Rhonda and I had a grand ole time rummaging around and looking at stuff.  I spent about $40, which wasn't so bad.  I indulged in some cheap purple tank tops (good for protocol at Miss Kat's house) and I found a belt for my fancy belt buckle tonight that worked.  At $12, it was only a couple of dollars more than the ones I had seen at the flea market for $10. 

By the time we had traversed the super store, I was about walked out.  That's pretty pitiful.  I'm wondering now if it's the Liptor that is giving me such problems with my legs and hips.  I'm six months out of chemo now.  I'm going to talk to the doc about that.  Aches are a known side-effect of that drug. 

But for now, I was walked out.  I took Rhonda home, petted her puppy for a minute, and headed home myself.  It turned out to be a very nice evening. 

No comments: