Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A post in which it is dinner in

It was a fairly quiet day today.  I got some odds and ends out of the way and braced myself for month end.  As if that's possible.

I left the office on time (into notably light traffic, especially for rush hour) because I had dinner with Dad and Eve tonight.  They are having the kitchen floor done, and needed to be at home because the guys were still there, so Eve ordered Chinese take-away.  It came from Great Wall.  I was trying to be good tonight (after catfish o-rama last week) and ordered vegetable lo mein, but they sent shrimp lo mein instead.  That was what I really wanted anyway, so serendipitous fate must have nodded in my direction.  It was excellent.

We had a pretty good visit, although I put my foot in it.  I know better.  But I couldn't help but ask Dad what in the world he had said to Lisa to upset her so much on Saturday.  He claimed total ignorance, and Eve chimed in as a witness that he had said nothing objectionable.  Weird.  Either they are experiencing simultaneous arterial flow problems, or Lisa is going off the deep end.  I suppose either is possible.  Lisa has so much on her plate right now that it would be easy for her skin to get thin.  I tried to drop it, because really it was none of my business, but Dad just kept returning to it like dog with a bone.  Oy.  I really hope he doesn't call her to accuse and stir the cow-pat.  If I get a face-ful on this one I have only myself to blame.

I actually ended up leaving earlier than usual, which is rare.  I stopped for fruit on the way home, and got ready for bed.  Then I stayed up way too late playing games on the computer for no good reason at all.  I am tired, and I have month end tomorrow.  If I'm tired, I have only myself to blame.

No comments: