Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A post in which I see Rhonda

Work is sucking.  Everything I get landed with is some weird problem that I can't resolve, and just seems to get stuck to the bottom of my shoe.  Bleah.

I was supposed to go to dinner tonight with Dad and Eve, but I got a message back that they were meeting Lisa to exchange cars (she has apparently been driving Dad's truck while hers was out of commission) and cancelling.  Then Dad called to get me to meet them in BFE at 6:15 to exchange cars with Lisa and have dinner.  I didn't think I could make it in time.  Then Eve called me back to say that Dad's doctor appointment today didn't go well, and that they were going home, where Lisa would bring them the car later. 

Poor Dad has had so many problems since he had his prostate out.  They messed him up inside, and the problem has started in again since his hip replacement because they had to catheterize him.  The doc has scheduled another procedure for Thursday.  My heart hurts for him, but there isn't anything I can do for him.

By the end of the day between work stuff and the endless back-and-forth about dinner, I was just frazzled.  Although I should have gone virtuously home to eat the last of the pasta salad, I just plain didn't feel like it. 

I had gotten an email from Red Robin yesterday (part of the perks for being a card-holding member of Red Robin "Royalty").  To my surprise, I learned that National French Fry Day (I checked online, and apparently there is such a thing - it's on July 13) was coming up, and in celebration, they were offering me a free order of sweet potato fries with the purchase of two entrees.  OK, now I realize that said order of fries cost them about a nickle, but I was in a fragile state and didn't need a ton of convincing.  I had been wanting a burger for a while anyway.  I called Rhonda and told her about National Fry Day (she had never heard of it either), which we decided to celebrate. 

So I picked up Rhondee and we repaired to the Red Robin where we partook of our free fries and had supper.  The waiter was absolutely gorgeous - and nice, and a good waiter on top of all that.  Would that he had been on top of more than our service.  I'm just sayin'.

So after eating as if it was my last meal, we left.  I took Rhonda over to Swoozies (after hearing about the adventure of buying Eve's birthday present she was intrigued), where we looked at overpriced cute stuff until she'd had enough.  It's always good to see Rhondee :)

I went home, put more stuff down the drain, and went to bed.

No comments: