Thursday, July 5, 2012

A post in which I have a hollow leg

I don't seem to be able to get enough to eat today.  That's pretty much all I've wanted to do.

I got my month end turned in early today, which kind of took the urgency off.  That was nice. 

I got in from work and had a summer salad-orama. 

I had some cucumber salad.  Then I had some pasta salad.  Then I decided I was still hungry, so I made some mater sammiches on Fresh Market rolls.  Mmmmmmmm.  Then I was bloated. 

I fielded a call from Dad tonight.  He wanted to know if I was going to North Carolina this weekend for the closing of Granny's house.  The house finally sold, and Mom and her sisters are going up there to get the furniture out this weekend.  Lisa is going too, but as with all things (it seems) Lisa, it's complicated.

She's borrowing his trailer to take some stuff UP there to switch it out, then taking a bunch of furniture back to her place, then she has to get the trailer back to Dad.  He's worried about her driving it, and called to try to get me to drive all over hell and halfa Georgia to get this all completed.  Oy.

1) I wasn't invited.  2) sitting still for so long is a problem for me now, and that's a LOT of driving.  I suppose I could do it, but I would pay for it.  And 3) I just plain don't want to.  So then came the guilt, and how he might feel that he had to drive her all over the place if I wouldn't.  I finally just pointed out to him that Lisa was a grown woman, and that if she thought she could handle it, she probably could, and asked him to get down off the cross. I actually said that right to him - somewhat surprising myself.  I think he was surprised too. 

After the call, of course my unhealthy guilt asserted itself, and I called Lisa to make sure she didn't need my help (kind of mentally wincing as I did so - of course I would have helped her if she needed me to, but I was really hoping she wouldn't).  Lisa, saints be praised, told me that she had it all under control, and for me not to worry about it.  Uncharacteristically, I decided not to. 

So that drama is vanquished.  Now I'm going to bed.

No comments: