Sunday, July 22, 2012

A post in which it is a lovely Sunday*

We were up surprisingly early this morning, and after greeting the day properly had a quick breakfast and headed for the flea market.  I didn't get to go yesterday and wanted to do it today.  Also, unbelievably, Jason had NEVER been to the Andersen Jockey Lot, so that was where we went.

It was beautiful flea market weather.  Warm and sunny, but not unseasonably hot (although seasonably hot is quite hot enough, thank you).  We wandered around and looked as stuff.  It was an auspicious day for yours truly. 

We really hadn't gotten in well before I made a major find.  I bought two bowls that had a combined book value of $95, for $12!!  You just can't beat that.  It reminded me of why I love flea markets so much. 

The trip kind of peaked early though, so the rest of it was just kind of walking around, although we enjoyed it, and enjoyed spending the time together.  But it was getting hotter.  After we did the outside, we picked up some produce and headed out.

American Sweetheart 8 3/4" large berry bowl in pink by MacBeth Evans Glass, circa 1930-1936

Sharon 6" cereal bowl in pink by Federal Glass Co, circa 1935-1939

The plan for today was to meet the boys for lunch and go to the movies.  I'd had a text from Logan to meet them at 3:45pm.  I thought that was an odd time to eat - right between lunch and dinner - but I usually just kind of go with the flow when they make plans.  First though, it was back to the house to cool off, shower, and rest for a bit. 

We were doing just that, and I was trying to disconnect to hop in the shower, when I got a text.  RBL were at the restaurant.  It was 2:20pm.  I was like what?  I called, and apparently I had mis-read the text.  The movie was at 3:45, but lunch was now.  Well crap.  We weren't ready.  I was very disappointed, because I had been looking forward to all of us going out together, but there was little I could do.  I told them to go ahead and eat, and that we would meet them at the movie.

Jason and I ran through the shower and then headed out for a quickie lunch before the movie.  We ended up at the same place RBL had been, and caught the very tippy-end of the buffet at Compadres, but we had time to eat and get to the movie to meet them.  I hadn't eaten there before, and the buffet was very meat-heavy, but the food was good, and I found plenty to eat.

Today's movie was Brave, and it was very good.  I had been looking forward to seeing it, and had asked that RBL wait until I could go with them.  Having Jason there too was icing on the cake.  I wonder how many girls will be named Merida in the next year.  I love redheads, of course, and there were a lot of them in the movie.  Jason's family has Celtic roots, so there was something there for him.  And there were lots of bears too - Yay!

After the movie we went to the shop.  Russ was meeting James there to cut his hair.  He does that sometimes for friends on his day off.  James seems to be doing well, and looks great, as always.  We kind of settled in for the evening.  Russ cut Billy's hair and then mine also.  My hair hasn't looked as good since chemo (I was not really super-happy with the last cut) but it turned out pretty good today.

Russ had expressed a yen for some grilled shrimp, and I suggested that we might find some at Copper River Grill.  I hadn't been too impressed with my initial visit, but the menu changed and I really enjoy eating there now.  We met Vince and Brian at the restaurant.  Vince looked as gorgeous as ever, but Brian looks worn.  They have been working non-stop to get the condo 'staged' for the market, and it's getting to him.  But they need to get as much of their investment back on it as they can.  They settled in for cocktails while we ate and we visited with them. 

After supper we all went our own ways.  Jason and I went home to spend some alone time together.  And we still have all day tomorrow.  Yay. 


No comments: