Friday, July 20, 2012

A post in which I have a wonderful dinner

I was SO glad I got paid today.  I'm just sayin'.

I have a capital weekend shaping up.  The twit meeting was this afternoon, and I was talking to Larney today about Jason coming.  I am very excited to see him, and he's staying through Tuesday.  She said "So you've taken Monday off, right?"  Well I hadn't.  But she started me thinking.  So when I went into the meeting, I asked my boss if it was OK if I took Monday off, and he said yes!  Alan is really good about letting me take my time off.  I can't complain about that.  In further GREAT news, I got an email that the California office had set up a new report to save me from the (increasingly ridiculous and impossible demands of the new) auditors!!  That just never happens.  So I left the meeting and finished up the day with a light heart.

When I got off work, I had errands to run before I could go to Miss Kat and Dana's house.  First I ran by Petsmart for cat litter.  When I left the house this morning Jinx and Crooner were throwing dice to see who got to use the last ounce or so.  Of course Jinx was cheating, and Crooner was too slow to know it.  It was good to lay in a new supply.

I ran by the house to change.  They were taking care of dinner tonight, and they usually eat pretty early.  I didn't want to keep them waiting. 

On the way over, though, I went by Family Dollar to pick up some boric acid.  There was an older couple in front of me, and they nicely asked me if I would like to go ahead.  I can't remember the last time that happened, and I was glad to have cash so I wouldn't hold them up.  They even complimented me on my tattoo.  So I was in an excellent mood when I got to the house.

I ran Dana up to Silver Bay to pick up supper.  They had ordered catfish.  I am pretty old school about catfish.  I want it bone-in, fried (of course), and un-fancy in general.  I haven't eaten any that I remember since Gene's Restaurant closed downtown.  Generally when I got to Silver Bay, I'm there for seafood.  I follow my Poppy's advice.  I always used to say when you eat at a restaurant, you order the specialty of the house - that will be the best food.  But I was willing to try it (even though this was fillet), and I love catfish.  I was most pleasantly surprised.  It was the best catfish I had eaten in years.  And I was hungry. So I tucked in to a capital supper.

Afterwards, we visited and caught up.  I shared with them my worries over the latest events in Lisa's divorce.  I SO wish that was over, and I'm not even the one going through it. 

But it was a nice visit, and good to see them, as always.

When I got home, surprisingly, I was motivated to go ahead and treat the carpet for fleas.  I can't have Jason coming to stay in a house (literally) hopping with vermin.  I dusted down the carpets and went to bed.

No comments: