Thursday, July 19, 2012

A post in which I am invaded


Fleas!  Fleas everywhere!  I've had them before, but nothing like this year.  I guess it's the mild winter, I don't know.  But when I sat down on the john this morning I looked down and I had fleas all over my legs.  Insane.  I'll have to do something about it this week.  I'm going to try treating the house with boric acid again and hope that works.  I've never had to call an exterminator, and I really hate the thoughts of having my house sprayed with poison, but I may not have any choice.  Thank God I get paid this week.

Because of the pain I've been having (among other issues) I've decided to take myself off of the Lipitor for a week to see what happens.  Dad and Russ have both told me that they had issues with feet and leg pain on it, although that was not listed in the side-effects on the website.  If it isn't the problem, then I guess I'll have to see the doc - I'm having more and more problems with my feet.  If it is the problem, then I'll call them and have them put me on something else.  Dad is on Crestor, but the side-effects for that one (depression, weight gain, becoming suicidal) sound even worse

My new glasses finally came today.  The lenses were not nearly as dark as I had hoped they would be, but they looked pretty cool I thought.  It is surprisingly psychedelic to look at the world literally through rose-tinted lenses.

I had a busy day laid out at work, but got everything done, which was nice.  I've been surprisingly worthless this week, and can't really figure out why. 

I exchanged texts with Jason for a bit.  I'm kind of trying to plan out the weekend some.  He won't be here
until Saturday evening, so that gives me a chance to get some things done beforehand so that I can enjoy him while he's here. 

I ran through CVS on the way in from work (spending the last of my money) and called about having the yard mowed, brushed the fleas off my legs, and ate the left-over Chinese for dinner, then topped that off with a tomato sandwich because I was still hungry.  Then ate some rice crispy treats.  Gee, I wonder why I'm fat.  Lucky me, Jason apparently likes me just the way I am.

I had a very disturbing phone call from Lisa tonight.  The battle with her recently-ex-husband has descended to a new level of meanness.  He has decided to use Angela's movie as grounds to try to block my mother from seeing Ava.  Sigh.  How hurtful, and what a horrible thing to do.  Apparently there is no level to which he will not stoop.  Lisa is absolutely outraged, as well she might be.  As usual, there was little I could do but listen and commiserate.  So much misery - and it just seems to go on and on.  I thought she was finally almost free of this, but there is now a new chapter to fight.  I could be called on to testify.  He could even stretch this to try to keep me from seeing Ava (he is reportedly quite jealous of how much she loves me).  I can hope to God not, but there's little else I can do about it.

I turned on the latest episode of Chef Wanted, and stayed up waaaay too late watching it.  Oh well, tomorrow is Friday, and competitively I have a light day.

No comments: