Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A post in which I am surprisingly productive

My plan for tonight was to collapse. I have been trying to do way too much the last couple of days. Fortunately the EB seems to be on the wane at the mo, which is a very good thing.

I got an email today through Fetlife from a nice guy who, though I don’t think he’s the one, is nonetheless a source of hope. Right now any nibble on the ole bait is encouraging.

I sent out the email about the restaurant in Atlanta today, and braced myself for possible problems, but heard nothing. Not a peep. Not a boo kitty. Maybe everyone was off email today.

After work I had to get some groceries. There was just nothing in the house, and I’m going to be pretty worn out when I get home Sunday I know. I filled the freezer with veggies and stuff so I can get through some of next week. On the way home, Eve called to remind me that I had promised to back a pound cake for them to take the beach this weekend, which I had completely forgotten. Sigh. It will have to be done tomorrow night to get it by there Thursday morning before we leave town. Since I’m not going, I feel like I should at least keep my word about the cake, but that’s a big job to throw back on the pile at this point. I had meant to do it this past weekend, but it just totally fell out of my head.

When I got home, I turned on the oven and threw the beans in that I had saved for myself. I had kept meaning to bake them, and kept forgetting. I really haven’t been home (except to sleep) since Sunday morning. I had some potatoes that I got last weekend and never fixed, so I threw them in the oven as well to steam.

dana called and asked if she could come by, and of course she was welcome. We visited for an hour or so. It’s just always good to see her. I really love dana.

After she left I got to work. I put the last load of clothes in to wash. The Shorts came today – yay! – so I’ll have a pair to take to Atlanta. I happily ate some beans and taters for supper, got the kitchen cleaned up, threw the laundry in the drier, and went to bed. Tomorrow is another long day, but then it’s off to Atlanta!!

No comments: