Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A post in which I settle the picture issue*

Well I woke up feeling terrible again, but I girded my loins and went back to work. I got a lot of work done today, all things considered.

I heard back from Mom today. She received her nightgown, and seemed to like it a lot. I love sending surprises like that. And I am truly grateful for her.

My painting from China arrived today. It wasn’t the best painting in the world, but for $56 you kind of get what you pay for. Most of it was pretty good, but I was disappointed with the face. I guess that would be the hardest part. After work, I was feeling a bit better so I ran it by the framers on the way home. They had a nice pre-fab frame (which is a bit cheaper) so I left it to be stretched and framed. I should have it back by Monday, Justin.

While I was there picking out my frame, I was casting covetous looks at a really nice frame they had. It was big, beautiful, and impressive, but it was a $300-$500 frame. At least. As I was checking out, I asked about it, and to my great surprise found out it was part of liquidation from another frame store that went out of business, was on super discount markdown, and was the size I needed! After some dickering about storage, I bought it. The corners on it are made to look like gilt rope lashed the frame together – it is absolutely perfect for the Samson picture I wanted to order. I was waiting to see what the first painting from this place looked like before I ordered another. I went home and immediately ordered the Samson picture I had fallen in love with earlier. I had said before that I was waiting to fall in love with a new picture for over the fireplace, and this one is going to be spectacular! My only problem now is that I may once again end up with a picture too large for the place I want to hang it. If so, I’ll just move all the pictures around again, but I really hope this one fits over the mantle in the living room.

When I got home I virtuously ate less-cal freezer food for supper. I went online to check my messages and ran into a buddy online. He came over for a visit.

When he left, I was once again exhausted. I changed the sheets, switched out a load of laundry, and went to bed.