Sunday, June 20, 2010

A post in which I wallow in self-pity*

I suppose I have entered the depression stage today. I was really wiped from yesterday when I woke up this morning. I plain didn't feel like moving. So I didn't for a while. This was kind of a segue into a miasma of worthlessness from which I didn't really arise all day.

A buddy saw me surfing online and called me to invite me over. After some convincing I went. I have to say I was royally laid today if nothing else. I hadn't really had that much fun with this guy before (generally it's all about him) but today was exceptional. Kind of like giving a dying man his last meal. George had a fine time today.

On the way back I stopped at the store and bought lots of unhealthy food: cream horns (my very favorite which I hardly ever buy), cheese and cracker Combos, mint Oreos, just all kinds of garbage. I went home and ate a bunch of it too. That was one of the things that I used to do when I was depressed, but I've really lost my taste for much junk food nowadays. Still, it was something familiar to do, and it felt satisfyingly destructive. Of course it makes you feel bad to eat all that stuff.

I had also bought a Father's Day card, since it is the day. Dad just got back from a week at the beach with Eve, Lisa, and her family, so I called first. As I had thought, he was too tired to do anything today. That suited me fine, since it meant I didn't have to shift my ass off the sofa and be sociable. I really, really didn't feel like doing that today.

I did some laundry since the hamper was over-flowing. Laundry is one of the chores that I mind least. I like taking my soiled clothes and making them fresh and ready to wear again. I slept a lot of the day.

Eventually I got up and did my cat chores and took a shower, since I'd put fresh sheets on the bed. Work tomorrow.

No comments: