Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A post in which I finish up work for a bit :)

I was busy as a beaver with one tooth today. I got work straightened out, only working a bit of overtime. I headed for home, stopping on the way to fill up with gas and get pound cake ingredients. I hadn’t laid my butter out or anything – I had to warm it in the microwave. I was just sure that cake was going to fall. I can’t bake when I’m not ‘in the zone’.

As I cleaned up the kitchen, I rehearsed the call I would have to make to Eve to explain that her cake fell, and worrying she would think that I hadn’t made one at all. I put a load of laundry in, and changed the sheets so they would be fresh when I got home. I know I’ll be whooped Sunday when I get back, and I didn’t take the following Monday off work as I usually do.

To my surprise the cake turned out just beautiful. There’s still the glaze to screw up, but the cake is done! Whew! RELIEF!

I got most of the packing done, and did sit down for just a minute to eat something, but I had to get on to bed. I had a big day ahead tomorrow! SELF awaits!

No comments: