Saturday, June 12, 2010

A post in which it is the Main Event

Today was a more relaxed morning. I actually slept until about 7:30, which is great for me for an event. Miss Kat and I were up about the same time. While she woke up, I ran downstairs for coffee. There were two great urns of it downstairs, but apparently it was not very good. I thought it was fine, but before I got in the shower Miss Kat decided to go on a coffee run, and she brought me back coffee. Sigh. Doin’ my best here.

After we got ready we went downstairs, met Russ and Billy, and went to breakfast with them at a cute little diner right around the corner from the hotel. As we were seated, a woman launched herself at Miss Kat and hugged her. You could tell that there was serious stuff going on with her. It took me a few minutes to recognize Adrienne. Adrienne is a ‘lost sheep’ of the family, and had been heavily involved with the Kindred when I first met them, but has since drifted away.

We sat down to eat, with Miss Kat just a bit off stride. The food was delicious. I had an enormous skillet of fried potatoes, eggs, and veggies that I couldn’t possibly finish. The service, however, was pretty slow – the place was packed. So by the time we got our food, Miss Kat had to skedaddle to make the class she was teaching today ‘You: the implement you always have’.

It was a good class, and there was lots of interaction and discussion from different people. Of course most of our group was there. There was also a newer woman named Timber who interacted a lot. When class was over, I ended up sitting at Miss Kat’s feet (I had been assisting) with Adrienne. I don’t think she remembered me, but that didn’t mean that I couldn’t be kind to her. She’s a sweet girl who has had a very rough life. We talked until the last of the class drifted out.

As we went outside, Miss Kat was waylaid by a submissive and her Sir, and got into a discussion with them. Her name was Jazz, and she asked Miss Kat to play tonight. As they made plans, I thought well I guess that pushes me out of it. But I knew there would be other opportunities for us. The when might be in question, but the if was no longer out there. I decided to assist with Miss Kat’s scene with Jazz and see what happened. This seemed important to Jazz, and I knew she needed it.

Miss Kat had come out of class shooting sparks as she does sometimes. I spent some time peeling submissives off of her. The best way I can describe it is that it’s kind of like trying to intercept mosquitoes trying to get to a bug light (although it seems terribly inappropriate to compare Miss Kat to a bug zapper), but I did pretty well. I wanted her to have some space to relax. We hung around for a while and talked, and then it was time for me to head into puppy class.

Puppy headspace isn’t something that I have experienced, but I met a very interesting puppy a couple of years ago at a run in Augusta, and after reading interesting little tidbits about it in some books I wanted to know more. Also, I am just sure that Anna is a puppy. I was hoping to pick up some things I could share with her. I had seen a really cute guy on Fetlife who identified as puppy and was going to SELF. I had sent him an email last week to ask some questions and introduce myself (his profile listed him as heteroflexible, which seems to be a term used for men not prepared to own bi-sexuality)(rolling eyes). Anyway, he is young ‘un, and just precious. He did reply and very politely gave me the brush-off, but recommended that I come to class. Rhonda and I decided to go together, and we took a woman in named Vivian who was with Miss Shay.

The class was actually a bit of a let-down. There was good information there about mechanics, safety, and accessories; but there wasn’t a lot about what puppy space is and how to access it, which was what I was really interested in – I wanted to know more about the theory than the practice. But the presenter had said the class would end with both of her boys in puppy space, which I was most interested to see. I’ve noticed many times that Doms are hands-on people. Though many of them are masters of craft, they tend not to be terribly good teachers. They’re do-ers, not talkers.

The guy I thought was so cute was co-presenting. I had seen him a couple of times already during the run, but picked up a strong “stay away" vibe that straight guys sometimes get around gay guys they know are attracted to them. I was trying not to conspicuously stare at him during the presentation, but he was so cute, and he was doing part of it. I was feeling like the Creepy Gay Guy, and I hate that feeling.

When the puppy guys went into headspace, the guy I had emailed just hid behind the presenter during the ‘puppy play’ period. Actually both of the guys seemed to feel self-conscious in front of the class, although one of the men taking the class had brought his own girl puppy with him, and she seemed to be having a grand time. So it was interesting, but not all that I had anticipated. It happens. I hoped that I hadn’t interfered with cute guy’s head space.

By the time we got out of class, socialized for a while, and went upstairs for a bit of a rest, it was time to freshen up for dinner.

Tonight was the family dinner for which I had made the reservations after a great deal of research. I was a bit worried because when I called the restaurant yesterday to check the dress code for Evil Geoff they had lost our reservation. I need not have worried. Dinner at Feast Atlanta was incredible.

We had a fantastic table that was big enough to seat all of us. The service was great – the manager came out several times to check on us. The food was fabulous. The waiter we had was wonderful. He picked right up on our 'unusual' vibe and was right there with us, making jokes and really contributing to our having a good time. It was Rhonda’s birthday tomorrow, and Russ and Billy had brought some presents and cards for everyone to sign. Rhonda was right in little headspace, opening toys and things with a childlike innocent joy. Everything was lovely, and I received accolades on my selection that made all the work more that worth it. Yay me!

While we were at dinner, Bart said the nicest thing to me that anyone said all weekend. He was next to me at the table. He turned to me with a pause, obviously having something serious he wanted to say. He put his hand on my shoulder. "Steve," he said "any man who can't see what you have to offer is not worth your time. And this is from a straight guy." I was very touched.

But we had stuff to do. The dungeon opened at 10 tonight, supposedly, but the big contests for the titles awarded at SELF are held on Saturday night, and they always run over. There was a special reading being done about The Sanctuary, which was a place very special to the beginning of the Kindred; but I was never at The Sanctuary, and frankly don’t really care anything about watching the contests. I also needed a bit of time to myself before everything started. By this time, Miss Kat had confirmed that she still intended to play with me tonight after Jazz, and everything else just felt pretty much like a prelude. I knew that this was going to be a powerful scene.

All day today, I kept hearing the Voice Of God from the movies in the back of my head going The scene that was four years in the making...you must see 'Miss Kat does steve' – TONIGHT!The word had gotten around in the family of course, and there was a quiet sense of anticipation that just seemed to be in the air everywhere I went.

I had a bit of time to myself, freshened up, and was downstairs shortly before 10, dressed appropriately (I had been told to wear something easy to get out of, and indeed I don’t have much fancy fetish gear anyway), and with the toy bags fetched from Miss Kat’s car. Miss Kat showed up shortly after 10, and Jazz and her Sir arrived about 10:30 as agreed upon. The contests, as usual, were dragging on and on.

In a way, it was awful. I really wanted to get started! But then I remembered that I’m supposed to be learning to personify patience, right? I took my place by Miss Kat’s side, enjoyed her hand playing in my hair, and was content. I was already in headspace, and the rest of the world was fading in and out. My world was the hand on my head, my very happy scalp when fingernails brushed it, and the sparking eyes of Miss Kat. I had a bird’s eye view of the beautiful clothes and shoes going by in a pastiche of Moulin Rouge-esque color and spectacle (everyone was in their Sunday Best for the dungeon and contests tonight), and people stopped to speak.

The air was full of suppressed anticipation with an undercurrent of excitement - everyone was ready for the games to begin. I mean classes are nice and all, but people come to events to play. I was flying regardless.

Jazz began to get a bit nervous. I know that feeling. Miss Kat was talking to her, and she was very accommodating of course, but after a while the wait started to take its toll on Jazz. She mentioned that she was feeling tired, and what a long day it had been. I of all people know about running your race before the gate opens. I got her an Emergen-C, talking to her about it before, showing her the package, telling her what was in it, etc. That seemed to give her something else to think about for a while and she settled back down.

Shortly after that, one of the rooms for the dungeon finally opened. Since its first come first served, we went in to stake out a space. We were able to secure a cross, which was what Jazz specifically wanted, and Miss Kat started their scene. Miss Kat took her time, warmed Jazz up, and spent a lot of time on her. I watched for a while, walked out to smoke with Russ and Carmina, went out to see the all men’s dungeon space, etc. Ms Shay had showed up at the beginning of the scene to stake out a good seat, and several other people were rather conspicuously hanging around. Timber wandered in, and I sat and talked to her for a while. I really liked her.

It seemed like the scene with Jazz took all evening! But then it seemed like it was over in no time. Jazz said "Thanks for sharing!" to me as their scene ended, which I thought was funny. "She's not really mine to share, but you're welcome!" I said with a smile. Despite the delays, the attention, and the background, I was surprisingly calm. It was like when I had the service date with Lady Beth. I knew I was safe and loved, and that Miss Kat wouldn’t be upset with me if I truly did my best. Ms Shay pulled me to the side, and said “You can do this. You’re fine. Relax – and enjoy it!” I stepped up, prepared for just that.

The dungeon was really crowded, so we had to go right into scene lest we lose our place. Because the full dungeon wasn’t open tonight, the place was a zoo! Everyone wanted to play, there wasn’t enough play space, and even those that didn’t want to play were milling around watching and chatting. To make things worse, we were playing on a double cross (two crosses that lean against each other, so the subs are facing each other). There was a girly-girl on the other side of our cross at one point, making little mewling noises that I didn’t much care for. There was a big ole dyke in the back corner singing “I’m an ole cowhand..” at the top of her considerable lungs as she flogged a girl on a spanking horse. Funny, but not terrific atmosphere.

I had tied my purple bandanna into a blindfold earlier, thinking that I might need it or that Miss Kat might want to put it on me. She didn’t. About the time I got up there, another big ole dyke got up on the other side of the cross – much better. Good to have a sister there. As we were both preparing for our scenes to start, the music went off. “I know,” she said. “We’ll sing show tunes!” and launched into "The hills are alive.." from the Sound of Music. I was just going in to Edelweiss when Miss Kat said, “That would be a hard limit!” never batting an eye. OK now that’s funny.

Miss Kat didn’t put the blindfold on me. I laid it in the crux of the cross in case I needed it later. I didn’t. Within the first couple of strikes, I was in headspace, which frankly Miss Kat had been setting up all day. How do you describe transcendence? Miss Kat and I have a bond, and it was really no effort to reach that place where there was just the two of us. The family members that were watching were in the background, but barely discernable in the moment. I flew, and we fed on that flight, on each other's life force and energy. We laughed, we talked, and we soared together in that great way that you do in a really good scene. I didn’t go on a journey as I do sometimes, because she checked in with me regularly, holding me there with Her – and that was great!

When asked, I requested some good hard flogging for dessert. She graciously said yes. And that was when I really got to the place. The good growly place when it’s all about the intensity between the two of you – when your every cell of your body feels alive, and you can shed all your inhibitions, forget the rest of the world and just exist in that one hot, exciting, primal moment – that place beyond words. I was almost there, but I had one more mile left in me. Miss Kat asked Billy to step in and finish me off. She’d been playing non-stop for almost three hours at this point. It was fine. She was right there. I was still Hers. And Billy is part of our family. It was right.

Billy fell on my back like a hurricane that had been waiting to break – like something wild. He had been watching the scene, and was surfing on our headspace and energy. I love a good hard flogging, but Billy was fresh, and at this point I was just about done. I’d spent about an hour being worked by a great Domme already. Suddenly, I was done. I was thinking hold on Billy, you’re just here to scrape the sides of the bowl – there just isn’t that much left!! Just as it became almost overwhelming, Miss Kat ramped him down.

She did some aftercare on me. Not much, because I didn’t need it. We were both still high on the scene. I joyfully pressed my face to her feet in gratitude, and reveled in the fact that I was the luckiest boy alive. When I went over to the side to dress, still kind of in that half-drunk space, Wilenda scooched in behind me. “That was so hot to watch!” She whispered sexily. All I could do was grin like an idiot. We went outside to smoke and talk to people for a bit, both of us still kind of silly and half-way disconnected from the world the way you are afterwards. We eventually drifted up to the room, had a snack and something to drink, and went on to bed. It was quite an evening.

No comments: