Sunday, June 27, 2010

A post in which I make lasagna

I did eventually get to the flea market today, but it was brutally hot. I wanted to make a pan of lasagna for lunch next week. I got my veggies, and then went on to the grocery store while I was out. By the time I got in, I was absolutely exhausted. It was all I could do to get the groceries in and put away.

I slept for a while, and when I woke up I got to work making the lasagna. I wasn’t sure how much energy I had, but I knew I had to have something to eat on this week. It turned out fairly scrumptious looking, although I forgot to wait to put the top mozzarella coating on, as usual, so the cheese was all browned.

I had a text from Billy inviting me to supper, and I showered and got ready while the lasagna cooled. I had just enough time for a quick nap before it was time to go to supper.

I met Russ and Billy at Ni Hao, which was as good as ever. I ate until I was miserable. They invited me back to their place, but by the time I got there, I was falling over with sleepiness. Russ says he is on bp meds and he has to take his at night or he sleeps all day, so I'm going to try that. I stayed until about 8:45, and then I just couldn’t make myself sit up any longer. I went home and collapsed into bed, as tired as if I had run a marathon. This is pissing me off.

No comments: