Thursday, June 24, 2010

A post in which I clear the schedule

I know it won’t make some of my friends happy, but I feel the need to stay close to home these days. I have already cancelled on a pool party I was supposed to attend on Saturday. My host was gracious, but I was immediately contacted by Russ to find out why. He seemed to find my reasoning insufficient.

I contacted Jo Ann tonight by email to explain that I would not be coming down for the 4th. There is quite a house party scheduled for the weekend in Savannah, but I’m just not up to it all. Adding to that would be the fact that my follow-up testing from the urologist is scheduled for the 7th. There is just no way I could really throw myself into the spirit of the thing with that hanging over me just a couple of days later, and having to lie and keep a happy face over the long weekend in a house full of people frankly just sounds like work – unpleasant work to which I have no inclination to subject myself.

dana and I have plans for dinner tomorrow night, and I’m looking forward to that. Being around Miss Kat and dana doesn’t feel like work. It makes me feel better to see them. Seeing Russ and Billy wouldn’t feel like work either. I’m just not up to facing big crowds right now.

I finally mailed Dad’s Father’s Day card today on the way home. He had told me they would call me about dinner this week, but I haven’t heard from them, and am just not up to facing them right now.

I went by the grocery store, bought more Brussels sprouts, and ate a pound of them when I got home. I don’t know what’s going on with that. I don’t even like Brussels sprouts.

No comments: