Monday, June 7, 2010

A post in which I am counting the days

SELF is this week!!

But there is still so much to do.

I woke up this morning feeling pretty well all things considered, which was a good thing. I was worried about having another week like last week. I went on in to work, and put things in order. I was sleepy, but compared to how I felt last week it was livable.

I had an email from Lady Beth today, charging me with finding reservations for dinner Saturday night. This involved getting everyone to send their RSVPs in so I could get a headcount, and then finding a restaurant that would suit everyone. It had to be close to the venue, reasonably priced but have good atmosphere (so I had to have a place with a functional website so I could see pictures), had to have at least one steak (I started wanting three beef options, but it just eliminated too many places), and had to take reservations for 14. For Atlanta that is a pretty tall order, but fortunately there are plenty of places there. The problem is that when you put in “American” food, you get the catch-all listings for all the restaurants that don’t fit under any other category. After reviewing 32 pages of restaurant listings I narrowed it down to about five, of which one was my clear choice. So after chasing down the last of the RSVPs I made the reservations. I hope this suits. It is almost impossible to please everyone in a situation like that. We’ll be eating at Feast Atlanta. It looks like a pretty nice place.

My picture was ready today! Actually it was ready on Saturday, but I hadn’t had time to get over there to pick it up before today. It turned out really great. I forgot the stupid online coupon though, so I had to pay full price. Dammit. It looked so good though that I didn’t mind. Too much.

I had a haircut tonight, and Russ had invited Jeff and James down for dinner afterwards. It’s always good to see them. We went to Miyako for dinner, and it was as great as usual. It was a most pleasant meal, except that I spilled a huge glass of ginger ale all over Russ. Sigh.

After we ate we went back to the house to visit. It was a lovely evening, but another late night for yours truly. I’m going to have to be really good tomorrow and Wed.

When I got home I hung Prometheus. It looks gorgeous!! I am SO incredibly tickled with it. I can’t wait to get the other picture!



Prometheus in the bedroom. I am just in love with it!

No comments: