Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A post in which I try to put my finger on the oddness of this week

It was an odd day today. I was waiting for the month to end so there would be more work. I am waiting for my doctor’s appointment so that I can have more tests done. I don’t feel overly scared – you can only run on defcon1 for so long before that just gives out. I don’t feel overly sleepy from the bp meds any longer – I’m functional. It’s like I’m in stasis. I have waxy flexibility.

I know I need to make a decision on what I’m going to do this weekend, but I don’t seem to be able to apply my mind to anything. I’m going through the motions. I called Khavis today to come mow the grass. I fed the cats. I went by to see about having a prescription filled today. But nothing seems to matter, really.

I went to the grocery store tonight after work and was just kind of wandering around. I finally realized it was because I didn’t have anything to go home to. I was trying to decide what to eat for supper. There wasn’t anything at the store that I wanted (I had a vague craving for macaroni n cheese with ketchup), and I finally went by and got an order of fries on the way home, and then finished up some leftover bologna in the fridge.

I fell asleep in front of the telly again, so I didn’t get any laundry done, although I could have if I wanted. I just didn’t seem to care either way. I ate some Oreos out of the freezer, more because they were there than because I really wanted them.

I went on to bed because the spankin boy is supposed to come by in the morning. I haven’t really thought much about sex lately, but he offered, and I’m free.

No comments: